Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: Zucchini Chili & Scones

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes

Well, would you look at that.  It's Wednesday again already.  And the last Wednesday before Christmas.  I have so many more crafts to make!!!  Eeeeeekkk!
Ok, not panicking.  Let's talk about foods I ate, mmkay?


Breakfast, Part I: PB Toast
Yeah, this has been happening for the past 3 (maybe more??) WIAWs.  What can I say?  I'm a creature of habit.  Had some crunchy peanut butter (Skippy natural) on some Sarah Lee 45 cal bread before 5 a.m. boot camp.  For some reason my brain was awake this morning during the workout and it fought me every step of the way.  It's much easier when I am in a dreamlike state while working out, so I don't realize what's going on.

Breakfast, Part II: Smoothie 
Wow, I am a master of photography today--ha!  I made a super delish shake containing 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter, a scoop of protein powder and 1 cup of almond milk. Had some coffee on the side.

 Snack: Peas, Hummus, Cheese
Why, yes, I started buying family sized containers of hummus...for one person.  Thanks for noticing ;)  I enjoyed some of this hummus with sugar snap peas and had a light cheese stick, as well.


 Lunch: Soup
Bought this new soup (below) and thought it sounded more appealing than actually packing a lunch.  So I enjoyed a bowl of this chicken, quinoa, poblano soup with fresh avocado chunks and a couple crackers.
It was pretty good.  Not as chunky as expected...although it looks like it in my picture.  Filling and decently healthy, though.
This guy looks so excited about the soup.  How could I not buy it??
 Then dessert happened:
Best lunch dessert ever.

No time for an afternoon snack today...so onward to dinner!

Dinner: Zucchini Chili and Scones
For dinner, I had the assistance of my awesome brother in the kitchen.  He threw together my zucchini chili while I tried my hand at Joy the Baker's feta & chive scones.  I made them with wheat flour, though.  Both quite yummy!

Then, I got down to some serious crafting business with my lady friends.  Gotta get them Christmas crafts done!

Follow me on Instagram!  If you wanna..no pressure or anything.

Have a super fantastic week!

No comments: