Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIAW: White Chicken & Veggie Chili

Peas and Crayons

Hey, there, party people!
I'm not sure why I called you that.  Attempting to be cool?  In 1997??  Whatever.
It's Wednesday, again!  Time to talk food stuffs.

Breakfast, Part I: Bar
I slept so cozy, it was hard to get my butt out of bed for 5 a.m. boot camp.  I did it though.  But not without complaint.  Anyways, I ate this Luna bar before I went.  FYI, it tastes absolutely NOTHING like a brownie.  Don't be fooled.

Breakfast, Part II: Pumpkin Protein Oatmeal
I tend to repeat meals alot, in case you have not noticed...but rather than make an omelet today (which is kind of what I wanted), I created a new oatmeal.  I'm glad I did.  It was so creamy and filling-perfect for a chilly morning!

Pumpkin Protein Oatmeal
serves 1
1/2 cup of quick oats
1/2 banana
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1-2 sweetener packets
sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix all of this together in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
Top with lite syrup and walnuts, if you want.

Coffee was consumed, as well...
Didn't really get a good photo of my coffee, because I was distracted by this face (Baby the Cat).
She loves watching me take pictures...and having her picture taken!

A.M. Snack: Nuts
I usually buy the Heart Healhty Nut-rition, but they were out at the store.  So, I got Men's Health.  To be honest, I just ate the pistachios out of this pack.  If that's a crime, lock me up, because they were delicious   All 6 of them.

Lunch: Salad with Chicken & Veggies
For lunch today I had some leftover teriyaki baked chicken over spring mix with goat cheese, walnuts, tomatoes and dried cranberries.  On the side I had brussels sprouts and baby carrots dipped in this hummus:
Yum!
Then for dessert, I finished off these bad boys (there were probably 5 or 6 crisps left).  They were delish!
I just noticed I'm holding almost all my food.  Is that something I do?  Hmmm, not sure.  I guess it makes sense though to hold it for the camera.

Dinner: White Chicken Chili & Bread

 I threw together some super fantastic chili/soup to share with my mom while watching our favorite Tuesday shows (New Girl fans in tha houze??) .  Here's how I made it:

White Chicken & Veggie Chili
serves 6-8

olive oil
2 large chicken breasts, cooked & diced
3 carrots, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
1/2 red pepper, finely diced
jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
handful of mushrooms, diced
2 cans white beans with juice
1-1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook onions for about 4 minutes.  Throw in the garlic for another 2 minutes.  Add in all your veggies and peppers (except the mushrooms) and cook for about 6-8 minutes.  Throw in the mushrooms for an additional 2 minutes.  Add all the other ingredients and raise the heat to a boil.  Simmer for a few minutes and then serve.  Enjoy!

For dessert, I had some of this:

Are you sensing a food trend today?  Lots of chocolate brownie.  Need it, want it, gots to have it.

Stay tuned to Endless Simmer, because there is an EPIC Thanksgiving post going up tomorrow (Thursday)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, those pretzel crips sound amazing!!