Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIAW: Cheesy Buffalo Meatloaf "Muffins" {30 Minute Meal!}

Peas and Crayons

Hello!  Happy Wednesday, all!
Got some fun eats to share with you today :)

Breakfast: Waffles!

Just some frozen waffles this morning.  But they were oh so good!  I buy these Walmart brand buttermilk waffles for my guy and decided to try some for myself.  For 150 calories for two, they are almost as nutritionally sound as my beloved Eggo Nutrigrain low fat waffles (that I usually eat).  Topped with strawberries and sugar free syrup and paired with some coffee, it was a yummy start to the day!

Morning Snack: Fruit Salad

This fruit salad is leftover from our Sunday brunch, and I'm really glad I packed it for a snack.  I have been feeling very blah about fruit lately, but it is probably because I'm eating the same apple or orange everyday.  This fruit was so tasty and refreshing that it made me crave more!

Lunch: Leftovers

I packed up some leftovers from Monday night's dinner to eat for lunch today.  This is actually a picture of my boyfriend's meal, because my salmon fell apart and looked pitiful in the picture.  Ha!
I just seasoned some thawed frozen salmon with salt and pepper and covered it in honey BBQ sauce.  Then I broiled it for about 4-5 minutes until it flaked apart (I tested the edge of a piece).  The sweet potato and frozen veggies were made in the microwave.  Talk about a quick dinner!

For lunch dessert I had a very deceptive coupon for Starbucks...it was 25% off, and with me not being very math savvy, I thought this was great!  But, it was just a discount of 81 cents- ha ha!  See, it pays to do math!
Oh, well.  Still good!


I got an iced coffee with soy milk and sweetened with a Splenda..and a lovely salted caramel cake pop.

Bizzy fell asleep in the backseat after all the fun times she had on our lunch walk and playing with her best (dog) friend, Reggie.  She's so cute!

"She's taking my picture again, isn't she?" 

My afternoon at work was quite busy, so I held off on a snack until I got home.


I had a piece of 35 calorie bread toasted and smeared with natural crunchy peanut butter.  My favorite pre-workout snack (who are we kidding..it's my favorite snack for any time!)

After boot camp, I headed home to make a 30 minute meal!

Dinner: Cheesy Buffalo Meatloaf "Muffins" & Roasted Vegetables

I wish I had more patience when taking my dinner pictures-lol!  But I am always ravenous by the time everything comes together, I just want to snap a quick pic and be done with it.  Well, hopefully it all translates as super appetizing  because it was!

I was going to make buffalo turkey burgers, but wanted something a little different, so I made some mini meatloaves in a muffin tin.  So much flavor in these little guys!  I actually went back for a third muffin after the pictures!

Here's the recipe:

Cheesy Buffalo Meatloaf "Muffins"
serves 4 (depending on how hungry you are)

1 lb lean ground turkey (or chicken or beef)
1/4 cup diced red onion
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small-medium zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
salt and pepper
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 425F degrees and grease 8 muffin tins with non-stick cooking oil.
Heat a small skillet  to medium heat (on the stove with non-stick spray) and saute the onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes.  Add that and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
Evenly divide the meat into 8 muffin tins, top with shredded cheese and extra buffalo sauce before baking, if desired (I used a little Italian blend cheese).
Bake for 25 minutes.  I drained mine on a paper towel after because of the extra moisture from the veggies.

Serve with roasted veggies (mine was cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts and mushrooms tossed in coconut oil and baked for 25 minutes in 425F degree oven).


Seriously.  Try them!

After dinner, I had a lite ice cream sandwich and then Bizzy and I played with her new fox toy (I call it "Foxy Cleopatra.")

picture recycled from here

Have a great rest of the week!!

2 comments:

Janelle @ Run With No Regrets said...

I love your meatloaf muffin recipe!! I have been in search of a more interesting meatloaf...thanks for the inspiration!

Diana L. said...

Stopping over via Janelle's Run with no Regrets Blog.
& that cheesy buffalo meatloaf looks delicious will definitely be heading to the store to buy everything and make it! :)