Saturday, January 14, 2012

Healthy Ideas Week #2





This was my motto this week.  I drank water like it was my job.  Plus alot of green tea lemonade (that I made).

Do you ever notice that the more water you drink, the more you crave it?

Well, that was my sitch this week.  

Anywho, here are my fave healthy things I ingested this week ;)

1. Chicken Chili Stew
This stew is the bee's knees.  It is so filling and yummy.  I just cannot sing its praises enough.  I have made this twice and will definitely make it again soon!

You can find the recipe at Bake at 350's Savory Page.  I made a few changes: I used northern beans that I had on hand (instead of pinto beans) and added shredded carrots.

2. Fancy Egg Stacker
I put a "breakfast for dinner" in last week's dinner rotation, because my husband has been craving biscuits and gravy.  So I made his biscuits and gravy and concocted my own healthy breakfast option.

This stacker has shredded hasbrowns on the bottom, topped with sauteed spinach, bacon and reduced fat feta & a lovely fried over-easy egg.
Perfection.

3. Healthy Brownies
Imagine getting your whole grains and energy while eating chocolate.  That's what happened with these brownies.
I made these gems from the Master Your Metabolism Cookbook & will have a recipe for you on Monday :)




















So, stay tuned!

Don't forget to "follow" my hardcore Pinboard~I'm constantly adding stuff to it!

Have a super healthy weekend, ya'll!  :)

No comments: