Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mix Your Own Nail Polish


I'm into nail polish.  Despite the fact that it does not stay on my fingers for more than 24 hours without chipping off.  

I love it.  I currently have at least 30 different nail polishes.  It's a sickness.

Anyways, despite having all these different shades, I find myself obsessing over new shades that I simply must have.  Don't ask me why...

This week, I needed my nails to be pale blue.  So I went to Walgreens and the closest shade they had was by Essie.  I think Essie is beautiful and if I weren't so frugal-or cheap, whatever-I would totally buy a bunch of it.

But as it is, I just cannot justify paying more than $8 for one single bottle of nail polish.

So, I saw this cool idea (like, duh, why didn't I think of that) at Crafty Minx blog to mix your own nail polish.

Freaking revolutionary.

I have about half of a bottle of white polish, so I thought I'd mix in some blue to get my desired shade.
I like this Sally Hansen Xtreme wear.  It's like a buck or two and you usually only need one coat.

I started by adding just a few drops of blue to the white, then shaking for several minutes and adding more drops until I reached the shade I was looking for.


I love this blue!  Yes, it seems kind of Easter-y, but I'm calling it my New Year's nail polish.  I might even add some glitter later on.  Maybe on the tips.

Oh, my hand looks so weird without my ring.  Have you ever forgotten to put your ring(s) back on after doing something and just felt like something was missing without it?  I was forming hamburger patties last night and totally forgot to put it back on.  Well, I know that was a riveting story, but for real--I can't wait to get home and get my ring back where it belongs.


Hey--go mix some nail polish.  It's fun :)


6 comments:

Gloria said...

That's a great idea, lots of color choices to suit yourself and save money, too. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Katherines Corner said...

Renee how fun. Thank you for linking up at Thursday Favorite things at Katherines Corner xo

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Nice & Fun :) Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for follow too, we are already followers of each other :) hmmm

RecipeGirl said...

I love that you mixed your own polish- totally cute. They should sell "make your own polish" kits!

Mindie Hilton said...

Cute color. Thanks for your sweet comment at Bacon Time. Following you with GFC now. It was so scarry to hit the publish button on the post. My old pics still geek me out, but it feels like I am doing a good thing by sharing. Happy Holidays.